At last half-term is upon us and we can all enjoy a well-earned week relaxing. We have crammed so much into these six weeks and it is hard to believe there is just one more term left at primary school. Lots more fun to pack into those seven weeks though!
Your key skills to be returned on Wednesday 7th June are:
- At the moment, we are writing a lot in English and it is fabulous! Some of the writing outcomes have been extremely good. To keep this momentum going as we have half-term, we have designed an open-ended writing task for you to complete.
We want you to choose what you write, how you write and who your audience would be. It must include:
- Five paragraphs or more,
- A range of great sentence openers,
- A range of punctuation use,
- And, it must be interesting!
If you cannot think of any ideas, here are some:
- A short story,
- A letter to a local councillor around an issue in your local area,
- A thank you letter to a friend,
- A newspaper report on something that either you have been to, seen or something from your imagination!
- Diary entry around something interesting from your week off,
- Something related to your book that you are currently reading,
- The possibilities are endless!
We look forward to reading it!
After half-term it will be esafety week at Simon de Senlis and each of you has received a sheet of tasks to complete with a parent or guardian. Return the list to receive your certificate.
Happy holidays everyone.
Mrs Greener and Mrs de Board